Covid Protection Framework
EPro8 under the Traffic Light System
See details of our exciting addition for 2022.
The EPro8 Challenge is the inter-school science and engineering competition. Every year over 22,000 students from throughout New Zealand take part.
Students participate in a series of events: firstly within their school and then inter-school. These events are designed to promote science and engineering.
The EPro8 Challenge starts with an internal event that teachers run within their own school.
We will hire your school a classroom lot of equipment (if required), provide you with challenges, certificates and access to the live scoring system.
The EPro8 Internal Event can be run as:
- As stand-alone event
- Part of the EPro8 Classroom Week
- Part of the NEW EPro8 School Week
The top teams from each internal event qualify for the inter-school heats. Each heat will have twelve teams from schools throughout your region complete a variety of science and engineering based challenges. The top teams qualify for the regional grand final.
Auckland, Wellington and Canterbury also have a semifinal round.
Teams of four students will compete for the title of their regions EPro8 Challenge Champion.
New For 2022
EPro8 Electronics Starter Kit
Upgraded Storage Case for Epro8 Construction Equipment
We provide schools with a range of quality STEM resources and activities that will enhance a student's learning.
EPro8 School Equipment
30 In-school Activities
The EPro8 Construction Equipment contains:
- 24kg of quality resources - over 450 parts
- 60 hours of classroom resources
- Full access to an online electronics simulator
- Extensive online tutorials showing solutions to the challenges
EPro8 Classroom Week
EPro8 School Week
The EPro8 Classroom Week is a week long STEAM programme for the whole of you classroom.
The EPro8 Classroom Week includes:
- Hireage of extra EPro8 School Equipment - so a whole classroom of your students can take part at the same time
- A week long intensive STEAM curriculum
- 32 activity workbooks - one for each of your students
- Includes reading, writing and practical maths elements
- The week culminates in an EPro8 Internal Event
The EPro8 School Week is a simplified version of the programme so that four classrooms can each have an introduction to practical STEAM learning.